Navigating large bureaucracies within the federal government can be confusing and frustrating. We are here to help!

My office’s Constituent Advocates can help you cut through government red tape and ensure you’re treated fairly and get support when you need it most.

How Can We Help?

Our office is ready to help Coloradans work through a problem you may be experiencing with a federal agency. My staff can serve as your advocate, help answer questions, find resources, and solve problems. 

Although we cannot ask an agency to circumvent its rules, force it to decide in your favor, or change a final decision, we are happy to make inquiries about the status of your case and ensure that you are treated fairly and respectfully. Please note that my office cannot assist in judicial or most state matters, but we may refer you to the proper resource.

Request Assistance

In order for our office to advocate on your behalf, we are required to have your written authorization. This allows our office to serve as a liaison to a federal agency on a matter that involves your private information.

Please complete THIS PRIVACY RELEASE FORM and print, sign, and return the release to ensure we have your written authorization. Please submit the form via email, fax, or mail and include all information and documents or materials that will help us assist you (please provide copies and not original documents, as we are unable to return documents or materials to you).

If you are seeking assistance with an immigration or visa-related issue, please complete THIS IMMIGRATION/VISA SPECIFIC FORM

If you are a Colorado resident stationed at a military base outside of the state, please include your Colorado address of record in your message. If you are not a Colorado resident but are contacting us about someone who lives in Colorado, please include their home address in your message. 

Due to security concerns, mail to our offices may be delayed for screening procedures. If your issue is urgent and time-sensitive, please call our Denver office at 303-244-1628.

By Email:

By Fax: 202-224-3115

By Mail: 

U.S. Senator John Hickenlooper

ATTN: Constituent Affairs

1961 Stout Street

Suite 12-300

Denver, CO 80294


Assistance Request Form

Fields marked with an (*) are required.